- 06-Feb-2017 to 30-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Fallbrook / San Diego North County, CA, USA
- Part Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave
Job Title: Banquet Server/Bartender
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Prepared By: Human Resources Department
Prepared Date: 11/2016
Mixes and serves drinks to patrons. Serves as Cocktail and Banquet Server.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, but not limited to
- Wears appropriate uniform and name tag.
- Assists in controlling food and beverage costs. Enforces all security measures as outlined by hotel management. Protects the assets of the company.
- Checks with the Banquet Captain when coming on duty for specific instructions for the current function and section assignment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment. Ensures compliance with all local and state health codes.
- Observes proper food handling techniques as required by hotel and health department.
- Performs any necessary pre-shift assignments.
- Greets all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful attitude.
- Anticipates guests' needs, ensuring guests are provided with water, coffee, tea, or beverages in a timely manner.
- Practices "clean as you go" techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied always.
- Unloads trays in the service area, racking glassware, scraping plates, and separating silverware.
- Mixes drinks, pours beer and wine, opens bottles beer and wine as well as opens wine and champagne bottles.
- Completes assigned breakdown and closing side work.
- Reports hazardous conditions or broken equipment to the Engineering Department immediately. In an emergency, notifies the Chief Engineer at once
- Makes drinks for Banquets.
- Sets up bar including but not limited to:
- Stocking beer
- Stocking glasses
- Cleaning bar top
- Counting and distributing cash funds
- Completing par sheets
- Cutting garnishes
- Fills out beginning consumption sheet
- Completes ending consumption sheet.
- Responsible for cash and keys issued.
- Replenishes beer and liquor nightly.
- Responsible for cash bank assigned.
- Cleans all bar equipment.
- Follow all Alcohol Beverage Control commission laws.
- Assures patrons are of legal drinking age.
- Collects proper money from guests or servers.
- Fully understands all fire and emergency procedures.
- Performs shift duties in accurate and timely manner.
- Follows all company policies.
- Maintains good personal hygiene habits.
- Promotes positive guest and employee relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifts and carries multiple boxes of beer and liquor.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Walks and stands during majority of shift.
- Handles mild chemical cleaners.
- Lifts and carries empty boxes and garbage to dumpster.
- Prior experience preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!